Where to Find Me

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16: Rose Pressey




My first book that I have read of yours is “How to Date a Werewolf”, which I absolutely loved by the way, and you have come out with other Rylie Cruz books, making it into a series. What made you come up with a character who is a matchmaker for the paranormal? Rylie just popped into my head one day. I thought how fun it would be to have a matchmaker for the paranormal world. Werewolves, vampires, and other paranormals have just as much trouble navigating the social scene as everyone else.

Another one of my favorites is the “Me and My Ghoulfriends”, which is the first of the Larue Donavan series. Larue is an investigator who also is followed by spirits such as Abraham Lincoln, which I thought was different, how do you come up with these celebrity ghosts and what part they play? Again, the idea just came to me. It’s strange because I feel as if the ideas for the celebrity ghosts kind of found me.

Your “Flip That Haunted House” book is about a woman, Alabama, who decides to flip a house, and find out that it is haunted. Did anything from your past inspire this story? Sort of, yes. I worked on restoring a couple old houses and I love historic properties. I’d love to buy an old house and completely restore it. The next book in that series, The Haunted Fixer-Upper will be out later this month.

I have always been a fan of the paranormal, and the one thing that always sticks out is fairies. Whether they are beautiful and enchanting or ugly and demon-like. Would or have you ever considered writing something about fairies? I haven’t thought much about it, but I’d definitely be open to it if the right idea came along. I love all aspects of the paranormal.

You love Ghost Hunters (Sci-fi) and Ghost Adventures (Travel), what do you like most about these shows besides they hunt for evidence of ghosts? Well, the stars of the shows seem down-to-earth, so that makes watching even more entertaining. It’s fun to see which new location they’ll showcase each week. Plus, since I don’t have time to investigate on my own, the shows allow me tag along on investigations with them.

Since you have written about ghosts, vampires, witches, demons, werewolves, etc, what is your favorite character? I think the witches are my favorite, but I like the psychics too.

A lot of authors have alter egos which they use in their books, are Larue, Ellie, or Riley yours? I think some of my traits probably come through unintentionally. They all have qualities that would be fun to possess, whether talking to ghosts, dealing with paranormal creatures, or baking up magic.

What made you decide to write the cutest paranormal books ever? LOL. Thank you. I love this question. The characters made me do it. When an idea pops into my head, I have to tell the story.

What is your all-time favorite paranormal book or author? I love Molly Harper. Anything light and fun with a hint of darkness.

I love The Good Witch series on Hallmark, and I would love to see your books on Hallmark as well, since the stories are ridiculously cute, if you ever had the chance to make these into movies, which one do you see going into a movie series? I love Hallmark too. And I think my books would fit nicely into their programming. I’d love to see any or all of them. Definitely the Mystic Café Series or Larue Donavan Series.

And lastly, I have noticed that the books that I have read so far, are about PG-13 related, do you think about the young readers out there as well to enjoy your books? I write what I most like to read. I know the steamier books are popular and I’ve read some of them too, but this is what I enjoy writing. Books that you wouldn’t be embarrassed to pass along to your grandmother or daughter.

**Note: There is a HUGE giveaway at the end of the month after Halloween!!! To enter for the giveaway, comment on the blogs. The more you comment, the bigger chance you have at winning!!! There will only be 1 winner, and the winner will be announced 1st week of November!!! Good Luck!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of a matchmaker for the paranormal. It's not an idea that I've ever even heard as being touched on before and I'm hooked by it already... I can't wait to check these novels out :-D

    ReplyDelete