Where to Find Me

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9: Book Tour Rae Hachton - Raven in the Grave (Book #3 Pretty in Black Series)

     When I was asked to participate in the book tour for Raven in the Grave, I was ecstatic because I loved her other books: Pretty In Black and Black Satin.
     Let me sum up all three books: Romeo and Juliet mixed with a bit of Phoebe Halliwell and Cole Turner. The reason why I say this is because you have a tale of two people in a forbidden love affair (Romeo and Juliet), but one is a "demon" while the other is human who is a hunter (Phoebe Halliwell and Cole Turner). That is the best way I can sum it up. Mix it with a love triangle.
     As with tradition, when I am asked to do a review, I blog before I finish it. There is a purpose. I cannot keep secrets lol. Once I get excited, I tend to ruin the endings lol. So needless to say, I did not finish the book so that way when I am writing this blog, I am not giving away any details that can ruin the experience for you the reader.
     And because I am doing a completely different way of blogging, I will not talk about parts of the book, just to be safe ;).
     But, I will say this: I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! It is young, it is fresh, it is different. This is beyond vampires, beyond Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc. And because it goes above and beyond, it makes the stories that much more interesting.
     Raven in the Grave brings on the whole new perspective of the other books. It brings on love and revenge. Everything I have ever loved in books, the formula is included in the book.
     The background of these characters will make it easy for any readers to relate to them. It is not about the monsters, but the situations that they are put through. You have first loves, and then you have the troubles of teenagers, having the problems of trusting people, trusting your instincts, people telling you what to do when you are young, and all you want to do is make your own decisions. Fighting your own battles. Anyone can relate to all of this, young and old. We all know whether your a teenage boy or a teenage girl, it is all about your independence, your world revolves around your first love.
     I recommend these books, but you have to get Pretty in Black first, and then Black Satin because then you will be totally lost. But it is always best to read the first book in a series, so that way you can feel that character is that close to you. You get involved in the book, you channel your teenage self with how you felt whenever you had your heart broken, or your heart explodes with love.
     I know I usually talk about certain parts of the book, but since it is so hard to not give anything away, I wanted to talk about my feelings of the book for the first time. It is that special, knowing that there is finally a series that I can relate my teenage self with.
     So I leave you with this: get the book. Curl up with a blanket this Halloween season, with a cup of tea, sitting by the fire. Forget the movies!!! You have the book that will swallow you in. These books will definitely put you in the Halloween mood :).

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



**Note: There is a HUGE giveaway at the end of the month after Halloween!!! To enter for the giveaway, comment on the blogs. The more you comment, the bigger chance you have at winning!!! There will only be 1 winner, and the winner will be announced 1st week of November!!! Good Luck!!!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment