Where to Find Me

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte (1818-1848). Author of one of my favorite romance novels Wuthering Heights.
Wuthering Heights . . . ah, how do I love thee.
Published in 1847, caused a lot of ruckus in those days, due to the dark mental and physical problems.
To sum it up as much as I can, cuz a WHOLE lot happens. It's a love story between Catherine and Heathcliff (even though they were never together).
LOL, to be honest, this is the 3rd attempt of writing this blog because it's either giving the plot of the story or trying to sum it up, which is almost impossible lol.
But here is a Wikipedia of the story, it's awesome. It has the plot from the beginning to the end, after that it has a list of all the characters and who they are, and then there is a family tree at the end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuthering_heights
I totally recommend this book if you like a real dramatic, teary-eyed book. It'll make you cry, it will make you angry.
But it is truly romantic in all aspects.
I first heard about this book while watching Friends. You know, the one where Phoebe takes a literature class and Rachel tags along, and steals all of Phoebe's ideas for answers lol.
And then I saw it mentioned in the Twilight series, and I was thinking, "OK, apparently it was meant to be to read this book"
I could not put it down.
There are some parts your going to get lost in due to the language from the period.
If you prefer to watch the movie instead, I totally recommend the 1939 version of Wuthering Heights. There are other movies, and of course there were television series based on the book. But I truly adore the movie. I watched on AMC at like 2 o'clock in the morning, cuz sometimes I have problems sleeping, and I cried.
Well, I hope you check out the link that I put on here, and I hope it intrigues you enough to read the book. Totally recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment