Where to Find Me

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Hobby

I love to read. I always have since before my teen years lol. I always found it as a way to "get away" lol. Be involved in another world. And the vacation only costs the amount of the book.
When I was like 11 or 12 I read the High School horror books. Teens going on killing sprees.
And, of course, when I got older I went for more intense books.
After high school, I pretty much stopped reading. I didn't have the time. I was going to college and was working and was in relationships that took up all my time.
I picked up reading again in 2008, when a friend of mine introduced me to this author (Laurell K Hamilton), and I've been addicted since.
I'm always finding authors I've never heard of before and giving them a try. Sometimes, before I even buy the book, I read the first chapter, and if I lose interest I don't bother, and so far there has been very few.
I have a short attention span, so it's really nice to find a book that captures my attention right away and keeps me hooked. There's no point in spending money on a book and it doesn't cut it lol.
My husband always teases me on how much reading I do. And he is now teasing that my 4 year old is now interested in going to the library or Barnes & Noble lol. She's got books everywhere in her room. And I told him, that I really hope she enjoys the books that I am currently reading and collecting so they will be in her possession when she gets older and so on and so on.
My collections varies lol. I have everything from classics (Dracula, Frankenstein, Picture of Dorian Grey), to paranormal romance (Mary Janice Davidson, Michele Bardsley) and sci/fi fantasy (Laurell K Hamilton, Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison) to even autobiographies (OMG, I love Tori Spelling).
Ok, well, it's getting late, tired from a fantastic birthday with hubby and my little princess lol.
Blog again tomorrow about my Laurell K Hamilton collection.


1 comment:

  1. SHO!!!!! I've been telling ya, read the Karen Marie Mooning Highlander series :D

    ReplyDelete