Where to Find Me

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New purchases

Friday, my mom and I went to the mall to take Miss B to see Winnie The Pooh, and to kill time till the movie started, we hit Barnes & Noble, to have juice and a snack.
While we were sitting in the Starbuck's cafe area, I noticed a woman passing out flyers and signing books. Well, curiosity hit me, so I went over, and introduced myself. She introduced herself as Teresa Burrell. Author of the new book The Advocate's Betrayal. Crime and suspense. Not really my cup of tea of genre, but I decided to give it a try, she signed it, I told her about My Book Blog, still yet to read it cuz I have 2+ books to read. But here is the back cover:
"The killer left nothing behind but a rosary, a kitchen knife, and a dead man. But the dead man is a friend of Sabre Orin Brown. When his unsuspecting wife is accused of the murder, Sabre will stop at nothing to uncover the truth, even if it means unearthing chilling secrets. From a San Diego jail to the shady Chicago nightlife, sabre's search for the true killer forces her to face the question: What do you do when the ones you trust the most are the ones with the most to hide?"
Intriguing huh? huh? huh? :)
The next book that I purchased was today: Rose Pressey's Me and My Ghoulfriends. As you read in my previous blog, I LOVE HER!!! She's up there with my MaryJanice Davidson and Laurell K Hamilton and Michelle Barsley!!!
"
There’s always fun to be had on a ghoul’s night out.

By day, Larue Donavan is a down-to-earth bookstore owner. But by night, she’s a world-renowned psychic investigator dedicated to helping lost spirits find peace. Dead people won’t leave her alone and Abraham Lincoln thinks he’s in charge of her lovelife. Larue can handle ghosts and undead presidents. It’s the living who drive her crazy.

When Callahan Weiss moves to town, the handsome newcomer opens a coffee shop right next door. She’s smitten from the start, but she’s not the only one — The boutique owner across the street has her eye on Callahan too, and uses witchcraft to fight dirty. When Callahan gets hit by a love spell, Larue will need more than a little help from her ghoul-friends to save the day…"

Only .99 @ Barnes and Noble nookstore!!!

Time for me to finish my other books, Mistral's Kiss by Laurell K Hamilton, Club Dead by Charlaine Harris . . .

http://advocatesbetrayal.com/Advocates_Betrayal/Welcome.html

No comments:

Post a Comment